- Always drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Relax and try not to make sudden movements or lift heavy items for a while at least.
- Rest as long as it is possible. The tone in your muscles will gradually increase after an initial healing phase.
- Take a warm Epsom salt bath for 30 minutes. The magnesium relaxes the muscles and nerves. Your body absorbs magnesium by dermal absorbtion better than orally. The sulphate draws the acids and toxins from the body. This helps to prevent pain in the joints the next day and reduces the detoxification burden on the liver. Have another bath the next day if you are still sore from the massage. Have at least one a week anyway.
- Gentle stretching is encouraged the next day.
- Do regular exercise like yoga, pilates, qi gong, tai chi and moderate gym workouts. Activities like swimming and walking are good. Try to cover all exercise groups- aerobic, weight bearing, toning and stretching.
- Good props include a fit ball, blocks and a yoga mat. The zen chi feet pulsing machines are an excellent aid for your spinal health.
- A far infra red sauna is also a good habit occasionally. Sweating is an excellent way to detox.
- Make time to relax and meditate.
- Enjoy the benefits of regular massage. You deserve to feel good all the time.
Book your Massage or Remedial Massage by ringing Cheryl Young and Graham Honeyman at Rainbow Bay Massage on 0419609232 in Tweed Heads Coolangatta Gold Coast
Again you can try our Remedial Massage Gift Voucher for someone you love
Click here to contact us and view our Google map